The 52th TOPIK(Test of Proficiency in Korean) Announcement
■ What is the TOPIK test?
TOPIK measures the ability of nonnative speakers of Koreans to use and understand Korean. The TOPIK test is a written test that is designed to measure a person's aptitude in the Korean language. Oral communication skills are not tested.
■ Who should take the TOPIK test?
The TOPIK test is for nonnative speakers of Korean and overseas Koreans including Korean language learners, international students who want to study in Korea, someone who wants to work in domestic and overseas-based Korean companies and public institutions.
■ Test Date : April 15, 2017 (Sat)
■ Explanation of Test
TOPIK measures the proficiency of general Korean language skills. The test has three different levels, Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced. Correspondingly, a grade system is matched with the three levels(1st through 6th grade), depending on your score.
■ Application Fee : $20.00
■ Application Form and Registration
- You can download the application form at Korean Education Center in New York Website(http://www.nykoredu.org)
- Application should be submitted with application fee($20, check payable to Korean Consulate General) between January 10 and February 15, 2017. (Application must arrive by the deadline)
- Application should be sent to the Korean Education Center in New York (address : 460 Park Ave. (9FL) New York, NY 10022)
■ Test Center
* Korean Language Center of New York, 38 West 32nd St. #1112, New York, NY 10001
* Rutgers University, Rutgers University New Brunswick, NJ 08901, ☎732-668-1071
* St. Andrew Kim Korean School, 359 Whiteman St., Fort Lee, NJ 07624, ☎201-983-9383
* Dasom Korean Academy, 11047 Bustleton Ave. Philadelphia, PA 19116, ☎ 267-356-7403
■ Notification of Test Results
Individual testee's results can be checked through www.topik.go.kr from the 1st of June, 2017. Each applicant will also receive his/her own test report.
■ For further information, contact Korean Education Center in New York.
(Tel: 646.674.6051, Fax: 646.674.6055, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org)